Thursday, August 9, 2018

Storyboard #1

"One of the main things I do is focus on ideas and what stories we decide to tell, but probably the biggest part of my job I'd say is working on storyboards."
- Craig McCracken
Before arriving at the final version of the storyboard I made multiple sketches to gather ideas and have a clear story structure, even visually.




I did my first sketch on paper, since I feel more comfortable doing rough sketches by hand.




For this first version of the storyboard I just tried to picture and put down my initial story idea with some basic shots I thought would fit. The notes are there for further imagination of the actual animation or just details I didn't want to spent further time on.

In the next step I took my rough sketches and tried to sketch them out digitally and directly in Toon Boom.





























And that would be it for the first rough sketch of my storyboard. Alas I think there is still stuff to improve here. In my opinion the shots are a little bit stiff and boring, which is probably why I am going to go over them once more and revise my current version.

No comments:

Post a Comment