Thursday, November 8, 2018

Backgrounds #4

An addition to the city backgrounds, namely the scene where the character looks up at the sky and the skyscrapers are looming over her.




I also decided to split these two backgrounds into two, in order to move them independently from each other.


 The buildings looming over the character. I started out by simply drawing curved dark grey blocks, whose lines lead into the middle of the image (where the crack will be located). While animating I added a sway to the building. This idea came from my animatic, where the buildings kept moving due to a mistake I made with the key frames. I thought that this effect would add to the intimidation factor of the buildings and make them seem even taller.
To make it easier to add the large number of "windows", I simply drew a batch of them and copied and stretched them to fit the rest. This may not be the most convenient or good looking way to deal with this, but it certainly saved time. 


The dark clouds in the sky. I just drew the part that wasn't covered by the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment