Thursday, November 1, 2018

Backgrounds #2

On to one of the backgrounds for the second part of the animation.




Once again I started out doing basic research primarily by looking through my reference folders.

The King's Avatar ( 全职高手), Episode 11
A Chinese web novel and anime





The next step was, once again, to sketch out the background.


And then finishing the final background.


It is not as detailed as I wanted it to be, but it should be enough for the animation. The image itself is larger than the screen ratio of 1980x1020 because I want to use this background by letting the character move through it and subsequently moving the background with her. 
For the colour pallet I took one of the photos I took during my travels through New Zealand, tweaked the colours a bit to give them a more otherworldly look, and then pixelated the image, in order to pick up the colours easier.


This makes it generally easier to pick more natural colours, especially since I tend to use too bright and saturated colours otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment